What is a shampoo bar and how to use them?
Find out what shampoo bars are, how they work and why they are becoming increasingly popular? You can read all about shampoo bars in this blog!
What is a shampoo bar?
Actually a shampoo bar can be simply called hair soap. The bar looks like soap that you can wash your hands with, but nothing could be further from the truth: it is thus specifically intended for your hair.
Many people only know shampoo as the liquid that comes out of a plastic bottle and that you rub into your hair. But a shampoo bar contains all the elements of a liquid shampoo, except that it is not liquid.
Why use a shampoo bar?
You are looking for information about a shampoo bar, which is why you came to this blog, I assume. And you are so curious about the benefits of using a shampoo bar. Good news, as there are several advantages!
- Environmentally friendly: For starters, shampoo bars are very environmentally friendly You guessed it: there is no plastic waste involved. During the whole process from making the shampoo to using it, no plastic is used.
You can also buy some shampoo bars without palm oil. Shampoo without palm oil has the great advantage that no oil palms have to be cut down for it. Large areas of rainforest are cut down for palm oil. So with a shampoo bar without palm oil, you contribute to the preservation of rainforests.
- Durable: one shampoo bar lasts up to 80 washes. For comparison: one shampoo bar lasts as long as three (!) Bottles of shampoo. The bars are 100% natural.
- Different hair types: there are all kinds of shampoo bars for different hair types. If you suffer from dandruff, there is a special shampoo bar for that. But also, for example, a silver shampoo bar, especially to get the yellow glow out of gray or blond dyed hair.
- Nice appearance: Yes, the eye wants something too. Shampoo bars look very nice: the cheerful colors appeal to everyone!
- Small and compact: convenient if you want to take your shampoo with you when you travel: it saves space in your bag and you don’t have the risk of your shampoo bottle opening and the shampoo leaking.
How to use a shampoo bar?
Now it’s useful to know how to use these shampoo bars! Fortunately it is very simple. You start by wetting your hands, which comes naturally when you are in the shower of course. You then rub the shampoo bar in your hands until it starts to foam. Apply this foam to your hair and massage it in.
The longer your hair, the more you lather the bar, of course.
If you like it better, you can also just rub the bar on your hair and thus apply the shampoo. This will work especially well with shorter hair, but with longer hair it’s more awkward.
After massaging in, rinse your hair and store the shampoo bar. It is important that you keep it in a dry place, for example in a special storage box or a soap bar.
And, do you already use shampoo bars? Share your experiences in the comments below!
♥ ♥ ♥ Fulltime Mama uses affiliate links. This means that if you click on one of the links, we might get a small commission on it. It doesn’t cost you anything extra, but it does give us something in return. With these proceeds we can maintain this website. We also sometimes get paid for an article or we get a product in exchange for a blog post.
This still leaves our opinion unchanged and honest. For more information please read the disclaimer. ♥ ♥ ♥